iLead, iLearn, iInspire
The TIE 2013 Conference is a three-day event designed for K-12 educators, educational leaders, and those who want to immerse themselves in best instructional practices, seek support for digital learning, and study ways to transform their classrooms by using digital tools and resources.
TIE 2013 Conference attendees are encouraged and invited to join Schoology. Create your login today. Access the TIE 2013 Conference Schedule. Each session description includes a Schoology code so you can join the session group. Your session facilitator will update the group with resources and use the group as a back channel. We hope you are INSPIRED to connect with attendees during the conference and beyond. Having a collaborative learning space allows us to continue connecting and sharing resources, lessons learned and challenges.
Don’t miss the pre-conference TIE 2013 Leadership Academy where you can connect with colleagues and compare what works in education. We also added another pre-conference day of exceptional learning with the Google for Education Academy.
Take advantage of these opportunities to learn and collaborate at the TIE 2013 Conference:
- Pre-Conference Leadership Academy (Monday, June 18) offers educational leaders and school/district leadership teams learning, networking, and collaborative opportunities
- Keynote speaker, Bernajean Porter, jump-starts us into thinking about how we can add rigor and relevance to our instruction using technological tools and resources
- Two Featured Speakers discuss hot topics of interest the second and third days of the conference
- Learn from respected educators and leaders across Colorado, and beyond
- Eight blocks of interactive, philosophical, and hands-on sessions cover a range of topics addressing the National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S)
- Learn how to use your new digital device in sessions designed specifically for beginners
- Classroom Connections give attendees the chance to engage in a buffet of conversations about classroom lessons shared by educators
- Open Source playground
- An Exhibitor Pavilion allows you to get your hands on state-of-the-art tools and resources before purchasing them
- Collaborate with others informally during lunch, the conference dinner, exhibitor gala, and evening event that are included in your registration
- The closing event will wrap it all up…and you may go home with a prize!
Click on sessions of interest. Read description details and join the Schoology group for the session using the group code listed. Begin planing your TIE 2013 Conference experience.
|Assessments, surveys, reflections using Google Forms||Learn to use Google Forms to conveniently create student assessments, surveys, and evalulations.|
|Digital Citizenship: Blended Style||See how to use blended learning techniques to bring Digital Citizenship content into classes.|
|Designing student ePortfolios with Google Sites||Begin with an overview of some of the ways Google Sites can be used to create electronic portfolios, then focus on how to create ePortfolios with your students.|